Some Philadelphia locations offer Jr. Camp for kids 3-5 years old.
About Summer CampBrightside Academy offers an engaging summer camp program for school-age children from June through August. Our summer camp program provides a variety of hands-on experiences that encourage critical thinking, problem solving, innovation, creativity, and collaboration. Enriching teacher-led projects stimulate child discovery through small and large group activities. Summer is one of the most exciting times of the year for school-age children and every year the kids in our summer camp program have a great time. In last year’s end of summer survey, 76% of the children said they had a fun time and 3 out of 4 shared they would like to return to the program the following year!
Enrolling Your ChildComplete the sign up form or call us at 877-868-2273 today to GET STARTED! Families with children who are currently enrolled in Brightside Academy’s before- and after-school programs should talk to their academy director about signing up for the program.
When you enroll your child, the program fees include:
- One free summer camp t-shirt for field trips
- Free nutritious meals and snacks daily
- Field trip costs (transportation, food, etc.)
Exciting Weekly ThemesThis year’s summer camp experience is taking our children around the world and into space. We will be celebrating the fine arts as well as the art of storytelling. Hands-on experiences, interesting discussions, performances, and creative activities and games will provide a camp environment focused on personal growth, enrichment, and FUN! Some of the weekly themes summer camp children will explore this year include Leadership and Teamwork, Superheroes, Engineering, Through the Decades, Summer Olympics, and Celebrating a Summer of Successes. PHILADELPHIA CAMP DETAILS
Our Philadelphia theme is inspired in Disney and focused on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math). The curriculum will focus on:
- Learning about money and using math skills to plan a Disney trip
- Using geography skills to navigate the theme park map
- Using creativity to explore the art of animation
- STEAM ( science, technology, engineering, art, and math) activities based on Disney movies such as Moana, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Star Wars, Cinderella, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Rapunzel
- No heat baking inspired by the movie Ratatouille
- Learning about different cultures in the Epcot world showcase
- Exploring conservation, recycling, and protecting our environment and animal friends through an Animal Kingdom theme
- Designing their own theme park including designing and building a miniature roller coaster and water slide
Our Junior Summer Camp theme is also inspired in Disney and focused on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math). The curriculum will focus on:
- Using creativity and expressing themselves through the arts
- STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) activities based on Disney movies such as Moana, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Star Wars, Cinderella, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Rapunzel
No heat baking inspired by the movie Ratatouille
Learning about different cultures in the Epcot-like world showcase
Exploring conservation, recycling, and protecting our environment and animal friends through an Animal Kingdom-like theme
Fun Daily ExperiencesThe children will experience fun-filled days through a balanced approach to self-discovery and learning, active play and rest, as well as indoor and outdoor experiences taking into account each child’s needs. A substantial portion of the day will include opportunities for active, hands-on discovery in all areas of the classroom as well as the outdoors.
Field Trips They LoveThroughout the summer, fun and engaging field trips enhance the children’s learning. We are finalizing the trip schedule for 2019. Below is a list of some of the fun trips our kids enjoyed in the past years:
- Pittsburgh, PA Summer Camp Trips: Riverview Park, Phoenix Movies, Carnegie Science Center, Romp & Roll, and Swissvale Arcades
- Philadelphia, PA Summer Camp Trips: Thunderbird Lanes, Decades Dance Party, Liberty Bell/U.S. Mint, Mann Music Center, and Herron Playground and Sprayground