What sets us apart from typical child care services is our dedication to providing quality care and early education to children of all families. Modern facilities, nutritious daily menus, and qualified staff members work together to create a stimulating learning environment to foster your child’s development.
Learn more about each of the areas that make Brightside Academy your best option for early education and child care.
Our goal is to create safe, nurturing environments that are conducive to child development and learning. The elements of our environment include:
- Safety: Secure entrances/exits, sign-in and sign-out journals, dedicated janitorial and maintenance techs
- Classroom Layout: Education suites, educational age appropriate learning and play supplies, books, blocks, sand and art materials; appropriate teacher/student ratios
- Purposeful Play: Indoor and/or outdoor gyms; creative and engaging activities
- Family Partnerships: Collaborative, positive relationship between teachers, children and families; experienced academy leadership; family communication and feedback processes
Brightside Academy operates more than 60 locations in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Ohio, and New York. For your convenience our academies are found near schools, public transportation, convenience stores and other local amenities. Accommodating hours of operation ensure your child is learning and being cared for when you need it most.
Our Steps to Success curriculum is designed to promote kindergarten readiness in infants, toddlers and preschoolers. The key components of Steps to Success include:
- State-of-the-art child development and learning program
- Monthly learning modules
- Weekly lesson plans
- Family partnership to complement classroom activities
- Child progress reports
Quality and Credentials
Brightside Academy is committed to achieving the highest quality credentials in each state we serve. As participants in Head Start, NECPA, QualityStarsNY, EarlyLearn NYC, UPK, Step Up to Quality and Keystone STARS, we provide high-quality early education to prepare the next generation for life-long success.
We employ experienced academy management and qualified teaching professionals; many with degrees in early childhood education. All employees are hired in compliance with state requirements and qualifications as a base minimum. We provide our staff with ongoing professional development opportunities to continually improve their skills and techniques to help children learn better.
Our program includes a comprehensive menu that meets the nutrition standards of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. We participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) to improve the diets of our children and to develop healthy eating habits by providing nutritious meals and nutrition education activities. Each day, depending on age, your child will receive:
- High-quality infant formula
- Gerber baby food and cereal for infants
- A nourishing lunch and/or dinner, and
- A healthy morning snack
Convenient Payment Options
Brightside Academy offers the convenience to pay by credit card, money orders, checks or cash. In addition, we accept child care vouchers/subsidies from most government-funded programs such as:
- NY: ACS, EarlyLearn, UPK, and HRA
- PA: CCIS
- OH: Title XX
Brightside Academy rewards our families with $100 for each new referred family who enrolls – up to $600 per year! There are more benefits than you realize when you refer families: Make a positive impact on a child’s kindergarten readiness; reassure your child with familiar, trusted faces while you are away; and bring quality child care peace of mind to family and friends while they work or study. Refer a relative or friend to an academy today!