Debra Greene, Pre-k Teacher at BSA nominated for PACCA Teacher Award!
We are so proud to announce that Debra Greene, a pre-school teacher at our Broad and Girard location has been nominated for the 2017 Pennsylvania Child Care Association (PACCA) Educator of the Year Award! The Educator of the Year Award honors outstanding service and accomplishments in the delivery of services to children. It is given to an individual at a PACCA member program who has contributed significantly to the direct care and education of young children (PACCA, 2017). This award is presented to a child care teacher or staff person who works directly with children and who is an excellent example for others.
The Educator of the Year:
• Creates and models a cooperative, caring environment
• Plans and implements a curriculum to enhance, support and assess development and learning
• Establishes positive relationships with each family to support the success of all children
• Strives to stimulate wonderment, curiosity and love of learning
• Fosters the positive growth of children in relation to others, themselves, and their environment
Each nominee must meet the following guidelines:
• Is employed by a PACCA member organization.
• Has taught in early childhood education for at least three years.
• Provides for the health and safety of young children
B&G's Academy Director, Jackie Chaney submitted Debra for this award because she believe she exemplified all of the qualities of an outstanding educator. Jackie encourages her teachers to look for opportunities to be acknowledged for their hard work and thought that this award was perfect for Debra. Debra has been working for Brightside Academy since 1998, a total of 19 years! In order to be nominated, Jackie submitted a nomination letter to PACCA on behalf of Debra. In addition to this letter, Jackie included 10 references from families and coworkers whom Debra has impacted over the years. Debra is truly dedicated to her preschoolers and they appreciate all that she brings to them in class each and everyday. She is also a strong pillar of her community and attends her church faithfully. We have recently found out that Debra has been chosen as a finalist and winners will be notified on August 31st. The Awards will be presented at the Early Childhood Summit held on August 16th through the 18th in State College, PA. From everyone hear at Brightside, we wish Debra Greene the best of luck on winning this award!